The Only Animal is offering a full-time paid summer position of production assistant for our mainstage presentation of Tinkers. Starting on July 4, 2016, this 8-week long position provides a hands-on cohort experience within a large-scale site-specific theatre production working with technical theatre professionals.
The Only Animal has worked with intern and mentees in yearly cycles in our creative and producing work since 2007. As we transition from Vancouver to the Sunshine Coast, we aim to foster a vibrant and growing community of colleagues and support in our rural community. This position is the first of its kind for our company and we are thrilled to cater this opportunity to youths on the Sunshine Coast.
Please submit a letter of interest and short resume of related experiences via email by Friday, June 17th at 5 PM.
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit: http://www.theonlyanimal.com/
- Must meet the Service Canada summer program participant eligibility below
- Must have accommodations arrangements on the Sunshine Coast
- Must have drivers license and is comfortable driving a van
- Experience and / or willingness to work with hardware tools in building and moving sets
- Experience and / or interest in backstage, behind the scenes theatre work
- A strong communicator, able to follow instructions and implement tasks without supervision
- Willingness to work with a team
- A strong work ethic
- Passion for theatre work that has a social impact on the climate crisis a plus
- Willingness and ability to work longer days and flexible schedule
Job duties include:
- using the company van to pick up supplies and personnel and deliver to site
- assisting our technical director in pre-production site tasks
- collection or creation of small props
- handson assisting to props, puppet, set, sound and lighting designers
- providing additional transportation as needed rehearsal of performance related tasks
- running crew for the run of the show
- assisting with production duties during the show, including daily wardrobe maintenance
- Post event site cleanup
- costume, prop and puppet repair and storage
- Other related duties as assigned
- is 15 to 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- was registered as a fulltime student during the preceding academic year;
- intends to return to school on a fulltime basis during the next academic year;
- is a student in a secondary, postsecondary, vocational or technical program, university;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*Foreign students are not eligible.